Scrum Master Certification
Scrum Master Certified (SMC®) Certification
- Salient Aspects of SMC® Training at SarvaShikshan®
- 16 to 20 hours of Online Training on Weekdays.
- Role Plays and Exercises
- 180 days or 6 months online course material access including certification exam access.
- Highly Trained and experienced Scrum Master Certified Trainer.
- End-to-End support till the time candidate attempts the exam and clears it.
- SBOK® Guide and Video Tutorials as part of the online course material.
- 2 free re-take for the exam.
- SMC® Certification Exam (Proctored Online Exam).
- Scrum Fundamental Certified (SFC®) Certification – Complimentary from Sarvashikshan and as part of the package.
Scrum Master Certified (SMC®) Training
What is Scrum Master certification ?
Scrum is a term used by two famous professors Dr. Hirotaka Takeuchi and Dr. Ikujiro Nonake. It is inspired by the scrum formation of rugby in which the players move back and forth to successfully pass the rugby ball forward. However, the word is now mainly used in the software development industry, where agile process has become as one of the most common processes
Although scrum is progressively used in all industries and fields, the success of scrum framework began in the software industry and it has become the mainstay of the same. Scrum initiates a thought provoking interaction within the team and helps the whole teams to move forward as one. It streamlines the processes without creating silos in the team. It reduces the dysfunction of the team by bridging the information and resource gaps. The main strength of the Scrum framework lies in the fact that the whole workforce works together as one large cross-functional team instead of breaking them into silos of resources that can’t work together. Further, the stakeholder requirements are made intrinsic to the product development.
Each scrum needs 3 different core roles for the successful completion of the project.
- Product Owner – The person who is responsible for the successful completion of the project by creating prioritized product backlog. The priority of the Product Backlog is determined based on the business value of the requirement. He / She owns the delivery of the product.
- Scrum Master – The important link between the product owner and development team, who facilitates the project by enabling seamless flow of information and resources at the right time and at the right amount and creates conducive environment for the scrum team. He / She is usually the project lead who is entrusted with the project and acts as a People Manager.
- Development Team – The team of individuals that is developing the solutions or products. It is a cross-functional team that includes members from all verticals.
Who is a Scrum Master?
Scrum Master is part of the team who facilitates the team by removing the roadblocks and bottlenecks in the process. Scrum Master ensures that the rules are followed and the processes are in place. The overall health of the team and the project is maintained by the scrum master. In essence, a scrum master is a servant leader who leads by facilitating instead of commanding. A scrum master makes sure that the team performs the way in which it is supposed to be. The important responsibility of the master is not controlling and commanding but enabling and empowering.
As an important link in between the Product owner and the team, a scrum master, is instrumental in completion of the project, within the decided timeframe. Role of the scrum master is the key for delivering all the functionalities and requirements of the stakeholders. Scrum master is the person who bring the product backlogs into life by enabling the team.
What are the Roles & Responsibilities of a Scrum Master?
The role of a scrum master is highly important if not the most important one in the scrum framework and agile methodology. Allocation of resources or assigning of tasks are not the responsibilities of the scrum master, instead it consists of facilitation and enabling the team members by helping them to perform a successful scrum sprint.
A scrum master organises the meetings and enables the team by facilitating the process. She also ensures that all the rules of scrum are followed. A scrum master is the one who understands the process and enables the three pillars of scrum, i.e. transparency, Inspection, and Adaptation.
A scrum master is also responsible to cultivate the 5 work values such as commitment, focus, openness, respect and courage. All these responsibilities make the scrum master the anchor of the team and the project.
Will Scrum Master Training Work For You?
Absolutely. Scrum Master Training will work for you, if you fall in anyone of the following categories.
- Employed with more than 10 years of experience.
- Newly joined employee
- Co-Founder of a Tech firm.
- Fresh graduates
Firstly if you’re employed, it is a wonderful training as it prepares you for the coveted Scrum Master Certified Exam. You can be at any level in the organisational structure.
- An experienced team manager
- A team leader
- An important team member
- Newly recruit
Regardless of your position in the organisation, the Scrum Master Training will be useful for you to take the next step in your career. It is a comprehensive training that prepares you in the best practices of Scrum framework and agile methodology. With this newly acquired knowledge and project management skills, your stature will improve within your team and organisation.
If you’re a fresh graduate without any professional experience, the training will prepare you for the challenges and opportunities that you’ll face in your future employment. As the course, trains you for the eventual obstacles that you might face in your career, you will be better prepared than your colleagues. Scrum Master training will also make it easier for you to get promotions and quicken the career growth for you.
If you are still confused if the certification will work for you or not, we will be happy to give you a free counselling session. Book your session today.
How is Scrum Master Certification Beneficial to Your Career?
- Higher Average Salary – The salary of a Scrum Master Certified (SMC®) is at least 50-80% higher than the counterparts who don’t hold the certification.
- Booming Job Opportunities – The number of job opportunities for the scrum masters are expected to grow on an average by 24% in the next 5 years. Hence, it will be easier to make the next big jump in your career.
- Varied Positions – After the scrum master certification, you’ll be a right fit for a number of positions that has different roles and responsibilities. For a starter you can join companies in the position of Scrum Master, Delivery Lead, Project Manager, Automation Expert, Agile Coach, etc.
- Higher Respect – As a Scrum Master Certified (SMC®), you will command a higher level of respect in your workplace. This respect will act as an important leverage and help you to get better results in your work and will be known as the best performer. This again increases your respect among your colleagues and lays the ground for a quick elevation in your career.
- Better Skill Set – As a Scrum Master Certified (SMC®), your skillsets will be higher than your colleagues and you will have gathered expertise in managing whole projects and teams.
Who Can Learn Scrum Master Training
Why Scrum Master Certified Training is Important to You
Scrum Master training provides you a professional outlook in all tasks of your work. It is a respected validation of your skills, knowledge and experience in the scrum framework of agile methodology. The main advantage of finishing the certification is that, it provides an industry standard certification and hence credibility your experience.
- It provides for a hike in the existing job or helps in getting a better job.
- After the Scrum Master Training you can successfully pass the Scrum Master Certification which adds a professional validation to the skills and experiences gained by working in agile teams.
- It acts as a professional gateway to a life full of opportunities in agile methodology.
- Scrum Master training provides you with all the necessary knowledge and resources that are required to be a successful scrum master.
- It trains you for the real life challenges and problems that you’ll face as a scrum master.
How to Become a Scrum Master Certified (SMC®)
- Even if you do not have ample exposure to the scrum framework and agile methodology; you can still rxjoin SarvaShikshan’s Scrum Master Certification Training. We start our training from the basics that helps students at every level
- Choose a training that suits your schedule and be open to utilise all the opportunities to learn the concepts of agile methodology during the Online scrum master training.
- Attend all sessions including the case studies, scrum activities and simulations, you become ready to appear for the certification exam.
- Get a deep understanding of the concepts of scrum framework by reading the Scrum Body of Knowledge (SBOK®) and revise the concepts as many times as required.
- After the successful completion of the training, SarvaShikshan® will assign you to online Scrum Fundamental Certified (SFCTM) and Scrum Master Certified (SMC®) course access. The online courses consists video tutorials, chapter notes, chapter tests, case study. You will also get the access for Scrum Fundamental Certified (SFCTM) and Scrum Master Certified (SMC®) exam.
- Scrum Fundamental Certified (SFCTM) is the open book exam consisting of 40 questions to be covered in 60 minutes time.
- For Scrum Master Certified (SMC®) exam, you need to book the exam slot. This is real time but convenient proctored exam. You can appear for the exam from your home or office. You will be monitored by the proctor, as you need to start your webcam and share the screen.
- You’re required to get a specific percentage of answers correct in the two hour online exam of 100 multiple choice questions.
- If you are successful, you will provided with a digital certificate that you can either print or add to your LinkedIn profile.
- However, if you are not successful, you can reappear for the exam after proper preparation and revision by using the video courses. You can attempt the retest for a maximum of two times without having the need to pay additional fee.
- The Scrum Master Certified (SMC®) is valid for a period of three years and you’re expected to renew the certificate every three years by appearing refresher course and open book exam.
What All You Learn In Scrum Master Training
- Introduction to Scrum In this section, you will learn the brief history of Scrum including when and who proposed the scrum framework for software industry and how it quickly became the world’s favourite agile framework.
- Principles of Scrum
Next up, you learn about the binding fundamental principles of Scrum framework and understand the importance of each of the principles.
- Process Control
- Transparency – It reiterates the need for transparent functioning of the project team and the importance of barrier free communication within the team. You will learn how to have a transparent running of sprints which enables better communication among the team members and different stake holders.
- Inspection – Inspection of resources, completions of tasks. You also learn why sprints should be inspected regularly.
- Process Control
- Adaptation – Making the necessary changes to the products based on the feedback from the client, stakeholders and the product owner is important as the main objective of Scrum is to produce a better product in an efficient way.
- Self-Organisation – The need to organise the team by itself is very high in scrum as the framework doesn’t allow external intervention during the project.
- Collaboration – Collaboration within the team and even from other stakeholders is very important for a successful completion of any project. How to collaborate and how to facilitate the team for collaboration are some of the key concepts that you will understand in this chapter.
- Value Based Prioritisation – The product deliverables have to be prioritised and scheduled as per the values that each component provide to the stakeholders.
- Iterative Development – You will understand how to develop the products or solutions in every sprint. Product is developed in successive but small sprints in which at least one product or one product feature is developed.
- Scrum Versus Traditional Project Management – You will learn the differences between or traditional project management and the quick scrum framework.
- Organisation – This section deals with the different roles like product owner, scrum master, scrum team etc., and their responsibilities. This is one of the most important part of the whole training.
- Business Justification – It deals with the responsibilities of each role in business justification. Business justification is important to find the value of projects and based on the value of the projects, the sprints are prioritised.
- Quality – Quality forms the central role in scrum framework as the focus should be on quality. Without the stress on quality, sprints of production will not be effective. This section provides the guidance on how to maintain the quality and what are the responsibilities of each role in ensuring the quality of the product.
- Change – Change is an important part of scrum framework as the whole system is based on the rapid sprints of development, betterment of the production cycle and product in a dynamic environment. This section prepares you to integrate change in the production process. It gives an insight on different types of changes that can happen in a dynamic work environment and guides you on how to manage changes.
- Risk – Risk is an integral part of all business processes and Scrum framework is no exception for the risks. However, risk minimisation and risk mitigation are important for every business. This section provides you an in depth understanding on the way to minimise risks and the potentials steps that can be taken to mitigate risks. Further, you also get trained to identify, asses and prioritise the risks. The training also helps you to be prepared for the mitigation and communication of the risks.
- Initiate – Initiation of the project starts with the project vision. You also get trained on how to identify the different roles like scrum master, stakeholders and scrum team.
- Plan & Estimate – Plan and estimate are the things that can either make or break the project. A faulty plan can result in a complete failure while a proper plan will help you to achieve a stellar result within a short span of time. Proper planning of all the inputs and outputs of the project can help in minimising avoidable delays and wastage of costs.
- Implement – Implement is perhaps the mainstay of the project. It teaches you how to implement all the plans and produce the required result in the sprints.
- Review & Retrospect – Reviewing the process and deliverables of each sprint provides you with valuable insights on the efficacy of the process. Further, retrospection of the process helps each person in the team to get a holistic view of them.
- Release – Releasing the project deliverables is the final step in project management. It is also a time to introspect on the project and find the best practices that worked out. This step also helps in identifying the bottlenecks and addressing them in the future projects.
- Scaling Scrum Projects – Scaling of projects helps you to learn about managing large products. It also equips you with the necessary tools that are required for the scaling up of projects. This gives an insight into coordinating and conducting large scale projects.
- Scaling Scrum for Enterprise – Scaling scrum for the enterprise level helps you to understand the differences between scaling up a project and scaling up projects that are in enterprise level.
Why is SarvaShikshan® the best place to take Scrum Master Training?
How to Appear For Scum Master Certification (SMC®) Exam
Scrum Master Certification exam can be easily attempted from any place with a professional setting, a laptop or a desktop with proper high speed internet connection and a web camera. This proctored exam is easier to take when compared with other exams for which you have to travel to the exam centre that is located in some far off places.
Attempting the exam is a quick and easy process that does not put you through a horrific experience. As a result, you can attempt the exam with a clear and calm mind, which increases the probability for your success.
At SarvaShikshan®, we provide chapter wise practice tests that prepares you for the exam environment and conditions. Majority of the time, it is the lack of practice rather than the lack of knowledge which makes a knowledgeable candidate to fail in such certification exams. The practice tests fill this gap and makes you truly ready to take the exam head on.
Even after repeated practice tests, should you face any difficulty in attempting the Scrum Master Certification exam, you get 2 free retake attempts. You can easily clear the exam and come out in flying colours in these two extra attempts that SarvaShikshan provides for you.
When you join SarvaShikshan® e-Learning for your Scrum Master Certification, you can be rest assured that you will become a Scrum Master Certified (SMC®) at the shortest time possible.
If you are in the information technology field and work as a part of development and production team, then Scrum Master Certification in pune (Sarvashikshan®) is one of the best investments that you can make on yourself for a better career. Some of the key features why this certification is better than other similar certifications in Scrum are as follows.
- It adds credibility to your professional expertise.
- It enables quicker growth in your career.
- Scrum Master Certified tag augments your pay by at least 30%.
- Your skillset will be an asset for the team.
- Organisations will give priority to recruit you.
- The job scope of a Scrum Master Certified (SMC®) individual is much higher than others.